Michael Rosenfeld Gallery is currently seeking a part-time Bookkeeper to assist in the day-to-day accounting and monthly finance requirements. This position is two days a week. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills, and accuracy are important qualifications for this position. The ideal candidate is a skilled multi-tasker, reliable and committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
Michael Rosenfeld Gallery operates at the highest level of excellence and this bookkeeper will be responsible for the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Monthly bank reconciliations for multiple accounts
- Maintain a system of orderly accounting files and records including bank ledgers
- Assist accounting firm with monthly, quarterly and yearly processes and compliance
- Contact/maintain relationships with clients and vendors
- Maintain filing system
- Liaise with outside accountant
- Bi-weekly payroll report
- Reporting/filing State sales tax on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or relevant field
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, and self-direct
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working in an art gallery, museum, or equivalent is preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience, with a range of $45-$50/hr.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line to read: Bookkeeper
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Michael Rosenfeld Gallery LLC is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse staff and environment.
We are committed to ensuring that all current employees and qualified applicants are afforded equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, sex, national origin, genetics, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.